What is EDUROAM?
The eduroam system allows you to gain access to a wireless network without the need to contact local administrators. Institutions participating in the project undertake to observe the common security policy and to trust the information provided from other institutions included in the system.
In a standard situation, the laptop user will be granted access from another institution without setting up anything. The settings he/she uses in his/her own institution will allow him to access anywhere else.
This does not mean that the access is anonymous and uncontrolled, on the contrary, every access to the network is recorded and any possible abuse may later be associated with a specific person.
Access to the eduroam network requires user authentication compliant with the 802.1x standard. Such authentication may be turned on for wireless connections. 802.1x standard allows for a preliminary check if the user has the right to access the network. Authentication can be performed in many ways, but the choice of method depends on the settings in the home institution, not in the institution where the user wants to make a connection. Apart from authentication, transmission encryption is performed automatically with a single-use session key; such a key is repeatedly replaced during the session. Based on the authorization data, the user can be classified into the appropriate security group and assigned appropriate authorities. Thanks to this approach, the user in his home institution has more authorities than the guests, even though the configuration parameters remain the same.
The wireless network with the SSID "EDUROAM" ID is available in the following buildings of the Medical University of Lublin:
- Collegium Novum - 1 Racławickie Ave Lublin - the entire building
- Collegium Medicum - 11 Radziwiłłowska St. Lublin - the entire building
- Collegium Pathologicum – 8 Jaczewskiego St. Lublin - the entire building
- Collegium Universum – 1 Chodźki St. Lublin - the entire building
- Collegium Maximum – 4-6 Staszica St. Lublin- the entire building
- Dean's offices of the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry – 19 Chodźki St. (TBV) Lublin
- Medical Simulation Center, 4 Chodzki St. Lublin - the entire building
- Collegium Maius / Collegium Anatomicum – 4 Jaczewskiego St. Lublin - the entire building
- Collegium Pharmaceuticum - 4A Chodźki St. Lublin - the entire building
- University Hospital No 4 (SPSK 4) - 8 Jaczewskiego St. Lublin - limited range
- Experimental Medicine Center - 8d Jaczewskiego St. Lublin - limited range
- Main Library of the Medical University of Lublin - 8 Szkolna St. Lublin - limited range
- University Dental Center – 6 Chodxki St., - the entire building
- University Hospital No. 1 (SPSK 1) – 11 Staszica St., 16 Staszica St., 1 Abramowicka St. - limited range
- DS1 - 11 Chodźki St. Lublin - the entire building
- DS2 - 9 Chodźki St. Lublin - the entire building
- Collegium Didacticum (Old DS3) – 7 Chodźki St., - the entire building
- DS4 - 13B Chodźki St. Lublin - the entire building
- Administrative and office building – 6 Chodźki St., - the entire building